Try this recipe from Benudir Rannaghar
Here is recipe of Chicken Kasha from Supriya Devi’s cook book. It is said she was not just a great cook, but loved treating friends and family to sumptuous food. And Uttam Kumar was a die hard fan of her dishes. We share today one such dish, recipe is Benudi’s.
Chicken: 1 kg
Curd: 1 cup
Garlic paste: 2 tbs
Red Chilli powder: 1 tsp
Kashmiri Chilli powder: 1 tsp
Fried sliced onion: 1 ½ cups
Cinnamon sticks: One stick
Green cardamom: 4/5
Green chilies: 5/6
Sugar: 1 tbs
Salt: To taste
Mustard oil : ¼ cup
ZAKARIA STREET: KOLKATA’S MUGHLAI STREET
• Marinate the chicken in curd, garlic paste, salt and about 1 tsp sugar for 2-3hours or preferably overnight.
• Heat the oil.
• Add the remaining sugar and caramelize to a golden-brown color.
• Add the whole garam masala (cinnamon, cloves and cardamom) and chili powders mixed with a little water to the oil.
• Add the chicken when this spice mix is cooked and stir well for a few minutes.
• Add a little fried onions and simmer covered.
• Keep adding the fried onions intermittently and stirring until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
• Add the green chili and keep covered.
• Garnish with some fried onions.