Nutrition of Apples in the Christmas Apple Pie
Christmas is incomplete without an apple pie on the table. It truly is a comfort food for many. The principle ingredient here is apple. Occasionally, people also serve it with cheese or ice-cream. Though there are various ways of cooking it like Dutch style, English style, French Style, Swedish style, it is now more of a symbol of American culture. It tastes no less than heaven! Despite the overwhelming taste, the process of preparation can be a cakewalk. This classic holiday recipe could enhance the note of festivity of Christmas!
RECIPE OF APPLE PIE
• Pie Dough
• 8 cups of sliced apples
• ½ cup sugar
• lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
• ½ cup berry jelly or ½ cup homemade cranberry sauce
• 1 tablespoon of milk
• Raw sugar or colored sugar for garnish
• pinch of ground cloves
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
METHOD OF PREPARATION
• Prepare pie crust well.
• Wrap the crust in plastic and refrigerate it for one hour
• Make a mixture of sugar, nutmeg, ground cloves and cinnamon
• Peel and slice the apples and toss them in lemon juice and keep it separately.
• Add flavoured sugar and allow it to sit for 30 minutes
• Add jelly and refrigerate overnight if possible.
• Roll out pie dough and put it in the pie pan
• Pierce several parts of the bottom with the help of a fork.
• Make decorative cut outs like Christmas trees from the remaining dough and refrigerate it.
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
• Now add applies to the pie dough in the pie pan.
• Cover it with cut outs and brush them with milk.
• Sprinkle coloured sugar.
• Bake the entire thing for 45-55 minutes at 400 degrees F.
• The delicious apple pie is ready to be served