This Christmas bake a Plum Cake at home
Christmas season surrounds us with an air of festivities and irresistible excitement. In every part of the world, people gear up for Christmas, spreading love, lighting candles, homecoming, gifts, and of course hundreds of sweet delicacies that this festival has to offer. Christmas plum cake is a part and parcel of this celebrations. So why not try a yummy plum cake at home, instead of ordering it from the bakeries around?
Christmas Plum cake features a plum as a primary ingredient and also dry fruits such as raisins, grapes, cherries, prunes and fresh fruits. The bitter flavour and rich texture is anything that one can die for! You can also add brandy or rum infused dry fruits to add a heady aroma and flavour. Try out this easy yet unique recipe of Christmas Plum Cake.
1 cup of rich butter
2 1/2 cups of chopped mixed fruits, raisins, cherries,
orange peels, sultanas and cherries
11/2 cup of sugar
2 cups of refined flour
Grape juice, rum or brandy
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
Baking powder or baking soda
1. Make sure that you use the best quality of dry fruits. Soak them in rum, brandy or grape juice for two hours. You could also keep them overnight for a better taste.
2. Gently mix chopped fruits, almonds with the flour.
3. Blend the butter, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar well to form a creamy mixture.
4. Add baking soda and stir well. Fold flour and fruit mix and transfer it to the cake tin.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put the mixture in the oven for forty more minutes.
Your freshly baked plum cake is ready to be served. You can garnish it the way you wish, with herbs and cherries on the top.